|中||解決済み||修正済み||2018-09-05 07:57||2020-08-19 19:34|
laser500 - Laser 500
|詳 細||WAV files produced by the tape emulator are about 15% faster than they should be, and thus cannot be loaded onto a real machine.|
At the same time a file from a real machine won't load in the emulator unless it's slowed down by 15% via some external audio tool.
|再現手順||0) unzip the attached file "bug07094.zip"|
1) open laser500 emulator
2) at READY prompt type CRUN and press RETURN
3) "WAITING" in reverse is displayed one row below
4) open UI Panel -> File Manager -> cassette (cass) (might need pressing Scroll Lock to enable UI panel)
5) choose the file "from_real_hardware.wav" from unzipped folder
6) at this point you should be hearing the waveform playing but nothing happens, the program is not loaded
7) open UI Panel -> File Manager -> cassette (cass)
8) choose the file "from_real_hardware_speeded_15_percent.wav" or "from_emulator", and see how both load
This proves the emulator can load its own files or files from real hardware that are speeded up by ~ 15%
|追加情報||The attached file "bug07094.zip" contains:|
from_emulator.wav: waveform generated in MESS
from_real_hardware: waveform generated on a real Laser 500 and sampled on a PC
from_real_hardware_speeded_15_percent: the real hardware waveform increased in speed by 15% with the audio tool "Audacity".
There is also the image "compared.png" which shows MESS vs REAL waveform side by side, where it can be seen that MESS is visibly shorter / faster.
One more info: I checked the file "src/lib/formats/vt_cas.cpp" and the numbers seem correct. According to the reference manual, the shortest HI or LO duration should be 277 microseconds, which indeed correspond to 3 samples at 10800 Hz in the source code.
I should mention also that vt1 (Laser110 family) and vt2 (Laser500 family) share the same numbers, and they could be reunited into one single common code in vt_cass.cpp. In VT1, the numbers are: 1 sample at 3600 Hz which is 277 microseconds as in VT2. The bit encoding is also the same.
|添付ファイル||bug07094.zip (2018-09-06 01:03)|